Saturday, June 23, 2007

Great Pasta


I love pasta, but the Gluten Free stuff can be disappointing at times. I love rice but I'm not a big fan of the brown. My mother on the other hand prefers it. So when I found GF brown rice pasta at Trader Joe's, I bought her a couple of bags. "Bought" being the word, because I never actually mailed them to her. Instead a few months later decided I really wanted some pasta and didn't want to drive to Whole Foods just to get some. So I decided to go ahead and try it. It was amazing. I cooked up the penne and couldn't believe how great it tasted. It was just how I remembered the wheat stuff. It wasn't mushy and didn't fall apart. I've since prepared it in different ways and it has always been delicious each time. I saw the other day they also make a spaghetti version. Haven't tired it yet, and am almost afraid to. I'm afraid that it might turn out mushy like a lot of the rice spaghetti or might fall apart like the quinoa or corn pastas do. I think for now I'll just stick with the penne and enjoy my new favorite pasta.

1 comment:

mrs.naramor said...

I really like the Tinkyada brown rice pasta- better than any gluten kind of the past actually. Some mainstream grocery stores have started to carry it.