Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pizza & Beer




















Pizza and beer! It's a combination you see all the time. But until 2 weeks ago I'd never tried it. It's been less than a year since I discover gluten is evil, but I always thought beer was. I tried drinking it in high school and my first year of college. Beer would also upset my stomach. I could make it through even half a glass without feeling sick. So I gave up and decided I just didn't like it.

I went to Whole Foods one Friday and bought some Gluten Free pizza and beer. I was so excited that on my way home I called my mother and told her. It sounds so funny to think about it. But it was a big deal...it was a first in my life.

I've discovered that there is very little in the way of Amy's foods that I don't like. The dry mac and cheese is the only one so far. Now the frozen is another story. I love it! I was pretty impressed with the cheese rice crust pizza too. Next I plan on dressing it up a bit with some topping though.

I knew there was a few different types of Gluten Free beers out there but I'd never tried to find any, until I heard about Redbridge. I saw the YouTube video of Elisabeth Hasselbeck trying it, and decided to do the same.

I really enjoyed the pizza and beer experience. I enjoyed the idea of pizza so much I ate the whole thing. I now regret it because I gained a couple pounds from eating to much. But all and all it was a great idea and I'm glad I can finally cross off "Pizza and Beer" from my list of things to do.

No comments: